Durex is a British condom manufacturer and one of the world’s leading brands. Founded in 1929, the company has been at the forefront of condom design and innovation, and today offers a wide range of products to meet the needs of different consumers. From ultra-thin condoms for heightened sensation to extra-large sizes for greater comfort, Durex has something for everyone.
In addition to its wide range of product offerings, Durex is also committed to delivering high quality products that are backed by rigorous testing and clinical research. As a result, Durex condoms are some of the most reliable and trusted products on the market. Whether you’re looking for a simple way to protect yourself from STIs or you’re wanting to add an extra layer of protection during sex, Durex has the perfect condom for you.
A condom is a thin sheath that is worn over the penis during sexual intercourse. It is made from latex, polyurethane, or lamb intestine. When used correctly, condoms are an effective way to reduce the risk of pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Condoms are available without a prescription at most pharmacies, supermarkets, and online retailers. They come in a variety of sizes, shapes, textures, and flavors. It is important to choose a condom that is comfortable and fits well in order to ensure that it is effective.
Condoms should be stored in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight. They have a shelf life of about five years, but it is best to check the expiration date before using one. If a condom breaks or tears during sex, stop immediately and remove the damaged condom. Wash your hands and genitals with soap and water. You may want to consider getting tested for STIs if there was skin-to-skin contact or if either partner has any symptoms.
How Effective Are Condoms?
The effectiveness of a condom greatly relies on how it is used.
Approximately 98% of pregnancies can be avoided when male condoms are used correctly. This translates to a 2% annual pregnancy rate among women whose partners consistently and properly use condoms.
Among women whose partners don’t always wear a condom properly, the rate climbs to 18 out of every 100. When used appropriately, female condoms have an approximate efficacy of 95%. If you utilise them incorrectly, they are only effective 79% of the time. Also, using a condom every time you have sex reduces the likelihood that you may transmit a sexually transmitted disease to your partner.
However, the only way to know without a doubt that you won’t contract a disease is to abstain from sexual activity. However, condoms are extremely useful in avoiding sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea, chlamydia, herpes, and HIV (the virus that causes AIDS). The precise danger depends on the specific illness. Condoms, for instance, prevent HIV infection nearly one hundred percent of the time.
However, the scrotum and other body parts are vulnerable to infection with HPV, the most frequent STD among men. The spread of human papillomavirus (HPV) can be prevented with the use of condoms, although the virus is still present in the body afterward.
What Types of Condoms Are Available?
There are many types of male condoms, including:
- Latex, plastic, or lambskin. These days, latex condoms are the most popular option. Plastic ones, such as polyurethane or polyisoprene, are available if you have sensitivity to or an allergy to the material. You can avoid sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) during vaginal, oral, and anal intercourse by using a condom made of latex or plastic. Lambs’ intestines are used to create the material for natural condoms, often known as lambskin. They are effective in preventing pregnancies, but feature microscopic openings similar to human skin. Thus, they do not serve as a barrier against sexually transmitted diseases.
- Lubricated. A condom with some lubrication, sometimes known as “lube,” will have a small layer of liquid on it. It helps keep the condom in place and reduces the risk of chafing and other discomforts during sex. If the one you buy doesn’t come lubricated, you may wish to apply some before use. Always use a sex-specific product that contains water. A condom’s effectiveness can be compromised by the use of oil-based lubricants like petroleum jelly.
- Spermicide-coated. Nonoxynol-9 is an anti-sperm substance. It is used to make a coating for some condoms on the market. The amount of spermicide included with a condom is probably not enough to make a difference, but it may reduce the risk of pregnancy anyway. Use an additional spermicide product if you’re concerned about being unprotected. The vaginal irritation caused by nonoxynol-9 may increase a person’s susceptibility to HIV.
- Textured condoms. The ribbed and the studded varieties fall within this category. These items are designed to increase the pleasure you and your partner experience. But the way it makes you feel may not be the same way that another person appreciates it. Try textured condoms if the smooth ones are making it uncomfortable to have sex. A condom can be used as a prop in foreplay.
Condoms that glow in the dark or have other unique features could potentially be available. But be wary; these brands aren’t necessarily FDA-approved and may not protect against pregnancy or STDs. Make sure it says on the label that the product protects against both.
The Food and Drug Administration has only authorised one type of female condom for usage in the country. Nitrile is an artificial latex-free rubber. Lubrication is already built in.
Durex Strawberry Condoms:
Durex Strawberry Condoms provide a unique combination of pleasure and protection. These condoms are flavored with real strawberries, providing a delicious way to enhance your sexual experience. The antioxidants in strawberries can also help to promote healthy skin, making these condoms ideal for those who are concerned about the health of their skin.
In addition to their unique flavor, Durex Strawberry Condoms are also made from high-quality latex, which helps to ensure maximum safety and comfort. These condoms are available in a variety of sizes, so you can find the perfect fit for you and your partner. With their unique flavor and quality construction, Durex Strawberry Condoms are an excellent way to enjoy safe and pleasurable sex.
Durex Surprise Me Condoms:
Durex Surprise Me condoms are designed to add a little bit of excitement to your bedroom play. Each condom in the pack is a different color, so you and your partner can take turns picking one out and seeing what flavor it is. The condoms are made from high-quality latex, so you can be sure they’ll help you stay safe while you’re exploring new territory.
And because they’re from Durex, you know they’re going to feel great. So why not add a little surprise to your next sexual encounter? Pick up a pack of Durex Surprise Me condoms today.
Durex Thin Feel Condoms:
The Durex Thin Feel condom is designed to provide a more natural feeling during sex while still offering the same level of protection. The condom is made from a special latex that is thinner than standard latex, allowing it to mould more closely to the shape of the penis. This results in a reduced sensation of friction, making sex more comfortable and enjoyable. In addition, the condom is lubricated with a water-based lubricant that is gentle on the skin
. The Durex Thin Feel condom is available in two sizes: regular and large. To ensure the best fit, it is important to measure the penis before purchase. For extra safety, the condom also features a reservoir tip that helps to catch any semen. The Durex Thin Feel condom is an excellent choice for those who want to enjoy sex without compromising on safety.
How Do I Use Condoms?
If you engage in sexual activity, it’s a good idea to have a few condoms with you at all times. Always use a fresh condom when engaging in sexual activity. Always wear a condom when engaging in sexual activity, whether it is oral, anal, or genital. Always use a new condom for each sexual encounter.
Don’t take the condom off at any point in your sexual activity. Do not remove it at any time. If it breaks, you must immediately stop and replace it. Never use a male condom on a female partner, and vice versa. Getting stuck to one another can cause the other to be ripped or pulled out of its socket.
Tips for Proper Male Condom Use
A male condom can be worn at any moment, whether before, during, or after sexual activity.
- When removing the condom from the packaging, take care to avoid tearing it.
- Toss it out if it has become brittle, rigid, or sticky, or if it has expired.
- Put it on after your penis has been raised to an upright position, but before it makes contact with any part of your partner.
- Keep it on the whole time, from the very beginning to the very end.
- Try to avoid reusing old ones and always use fresh ones. This applies to each and every time you have an erection.
- Pinch the end of the condom to leave approximately a half an inch of space to catch the semen when you ejaculate if there isn’t a reservoir tip.
- If at any point during sex you feel the condom tearing or breaking, immediately remove it and replace it with a new one.
- Be careful not to lose any of the semen as you extract it.
Tips for Proper Female Condom Use
Putting in the condom ahead of time will help prevent accidental exposure.
- If the closed end is having trouble going in, try putting some lubricant on the exterior.
- When inserting the condom, take care that it doesn’t become twisted.
- If either of you feels the condom slipping out of place or if the outer ring of the condom is forced into your body, you should stop.